Travelers - I'm traveling to/around Australia - will I be able to work?

As a registered employment agency, based in Western Australia we get a lot of requests for work from people who are traveling, either interstate or as part of an overseas working holiday. Whilst our interstate visitors should be eligible to work whilst visiting Western Australia, our overseas visitors may not be. As a general rule, only Australian citizens, Australian Permanent Residents i.e., migrants who have not yet become Australian citizens, and New Zealand citizens who have entered Australia on a valid passport, have unrestricted rights to employment. Any other person who wants to work in Australia MUST have a valid temporary visa allowing employment.

If you are unsure, please telephone the Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs on 08 9261 2225. If you hold the Working Holiday Maker (WHM) visa Sub class 417 you are entitled to work for a single employer for a period of 3 months. This includes IEA. Whilst you may work for a number of clients during this time, you are classed as an employee of IEA, and we are subject to the same restrictions as any other employer you may have whilst traveling through the country. Before being offered any work with IEA, you MUST show proof that you are eligible to work within Australia. Please note you will be asked to bring your passport along to the offices so that we are able to determine if you are eligible to work for us or not.